Hydrogen/Methane Breath Testing.
No referral is required for the Hydrogen/Methane Breath Testing. Bookings can be made by calling 03 5174 2988.
Before an appointment to see a Gastroenterologist can be made, we require a written referral from a Medical Practitioner be sent to our clinic. Most Medical Practices will do this on behalf of a patient.
Referrals can be sent to Gippsland Gastro via:
- Fax: 03 51748188
- Mail: Gippsland Gastro, PO Box 9161, Traralgon, 3844
- Email: email@example.com
- Medical Practices can use Argus (contact Reception to obtain the address)
Important to note:
- Our staff should contact you within 7 business days of receiving the referral
- Unless urgent, patients may need to wait 6 – 8 weeks for the next available appointment
- If symptoms worsen whilst waiting for an appointment, patients should either see their GP, call 000 or attend the Emergency Department
- If you require a change in appointment, please contact us as soon as possible as there may be a 6-week wait for the next available appointment
- Patients who fail to attend an appointment without notice will be given the next available appointment, which may involve a 6-8 week wait
- Failure to attend without notification the second time, will result in your return of your referral to your GP with no further appointments scheduled
- Please advise us if you cannot make an appointment as that appointment time can be given to someone else
- A standard referral from a GP is valid for 12 month and commences from you first visit (first visit must be within 12 months)
- Patients with chronic or long term conditions who require ongoing care may be asked to obtain an indefinite referral
- A referral from a Hospital or Specialist is valid for only 3 months, for any subsequent visits it is strongly recommended a GP referral is arranged
Referrals may be invalidated by Medicare without explanation. Common reasons include:
- The time period covered by the referral has expired.
- The Medical Practitioner that provided the referral has discontinued that Provider number
- The length of time between visits has exceeded that permitted under an indefinite referral